Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Getting started with the clean up


I arranged for the carpet to be cleaned and the plumbing fixed on the 11th. I didn't know until the 11th that there was no gas. I'd already had the power turned back on. I had to pay $300 in back gas bills. It took the plumber about 45 minutes to fix the water pipe from the water heater to the kitchen sink. The toilet in bedroom bathroom hardly flushed, It was disgusting. A couple of years ago Laura told us there was a problem with the toilet. Don asked if they wanted him to replace the toilet. Brian said he would replace it. We bought a new toilet for the house. I don't know what they did with that toilet. Good grief. We called roter rooter because we thought maybe the drain was clogged. He said the drain worked just fine it was the toilet. Seriously! They just let a toilet swirl for years. I don't know if they returned the toilet we bought to Home Depot for the money.
The fence had blown down in a wind storm a couple of years ago. 
I had a new fence put in that matched the neighbors fence. The fence now matches across the back of the yard. The side yards have two separate types of fences. The Lindsey's on the north is brick and the one of the right is wood. I had this great plan that we were going to have this house turned around and ready to rent by March 1st. For awhile I was on a roll. When I came back in to the house after I had the carpet cleaned and found that the neighbor (according to Brian) had let the cat back in. This lead to an argument between me and Brian. I told him I was going to take the cat to the pound and he said "don't make me call my attorney." Ha, that made me crazy and I told him to please call his attorney and to give me his attorney's name so I would no where to have him served.


No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors