Monday, May 28, 2018

Crazy Chickens

I noticed the eggs were becoming sporadic. One day I got two the next day I got one and then another one. Hmm, something was not right. I crawled under the deck and sure enough the little buggers were laying in the window well. I gathered all the eggs piled a bunch of stuff on top of the window. Later on Don put a piece of trellis over it. 


That's a lot of missing eggs.

One of the chickens had been laying soft of shell-less eggs for a couple of months. Diet didn't change it and it was making a mess all over the nesting boxes. I'm too big a wimp to kill the chicken so I dropped her off at the IFA downtown. There was a guy standing by the chicken pens with a toothpick in his mouth. I walked up with on Vally's empty pull up boxes with the chicken in it and he said "gotta chicken?" I said yes and he reached for the box and said "if it's a rooster Frank will want to fight." I said "it's a hen" and he said "Frank will be happy." For some reason the entire encounter was comical. I asked the guy if the chickens became soup and he said "probably, 2 or 3 different people come by and pick them up."

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors