Sunday, May 17, 2020

At the beach


We made it to the beach Friday. The airports were empty but the plane was full. Everyone wore mask except the idiot in front of us who took his off so he could cough and snort. Sean slept both legs of the trip.

Don did some sleeping too. I don't think I did.

I was so sad when we were pulling out of the airport and had to turn right to St George and not left to Tallahassee to see the girls. So close and so far away. When we were driving to the beach a bear lumbered/ran across the road in front of us. I've had deer and elk but never a bear cross in front of us. Well, except at Yellowstone or Bear World.

I found donuts that Alex had bought when they were here. 

I'm pretty sure they have long exceeded their best eaten by date.

And Vally's collection of feathers.

Don actually went for a swim. The water if nice for this early. It is hot today. Yesterday we drove to Panama City to buy Sean a gaming computer. I got so car sick and was sick the rest of the day. I've seen stories about the destruction in Mexico beach and St Joe's Port from the hurricane but driving by miles of destroyed properties was really overwhelming. So much loss. The Air Force base is still destroyed as well. I don't know where all those families are living. When we were here at Christmas Trump was at the base and told everyone he would have it fixed better than new in no time. Pathological liar and there are people in Fla with flags with the morons face on it flying from the back of their pick up trucks. The first couple weeks of COVID reminded me of the first couple of weeks of Trump winning the election. I would go to bed and wake up with an impending sense of doom but over time these strange events become the new normal.  

Short hair is great at the beach.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors