Thursday, December 24, 2020

Presents for me


I decided to buy a new sewing machine. It is such a nice machine. My mom would have loved it. I feel kind of guilty for having a machine so much nicer than she ever had when she was a great seamstress and I am not. My mom could sew anything. I can sew most things if it involves a straight line and few pieces.

I made a couple blankets and then moved on to pillow cases. these are the cases I made for Wesley for his birthday.
Then I moved on to mask. I didn't know what I was going to do with mask. I asked Mao Yu if she wanted to give her kids mask for Christmas. She said yes wo we made 50 mask.

Mao Yu learned to sew.






I told Don I was thinking about buying a new couch and he said he wanted a new bed. I said I want an electric bed so I can sit up to read. We looked at beds at RC Wiley and then bought one online. It weighed over 400 pounds so I paid for the "White Glove" service so that they would bring it upstairs and set it up.





Don was not looking forward to hauling our old bed out to the dump. It's a pretty nice mattress only about five years old, no stains. I decided to put it on Facebook Marketplace for free. I think used mattresses are gross but I sleep on used mattresses in hotels. I had 10 people who wanted it. I gave it to the first person that showed up. It was kind of heartbreaking. They said their mattress had such a big hole in it that they couldn't sleep on it. 


Here they are hauling off the mattress so Don didn't have to. Carter got a new mattress from his dad for Christmas so we still have to haul his old mattress off. His mattress is not worth giving away.

Sitting up watching TV in our split king automatic bed. I got a soft mattress, Don got a firm one and we can each put our side in whatever position we want. I really like it. I may have to get one for the beach.

 

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors