Monday, January 18, 2021

Demise of the trailer park

The trailer park is in it's final days. They moved out three trailers today. There are only five or six families left. Kathy and I have been walking through daily and have talked to a lot of people. What a mess over there. Today the police were there evicting a squatter. It has to be hard for the police because everyone left is in a bad situation. We met a woman who told us she was a meth addict/dealer but had been clean for two day. Interesting, I've never had anyone flat out tell me they were a dealer. She was also the person that got beat up and raped by the man who hid in the dumpster at McDonalds. I remember the story being on the news. She also told us her father raped her and now has custody of her children and is still raping her. Wow, what a lot of information from someone you just met. The weird part of meeting her (well it was all weird) but a couple days before someone had told me that they shared half their stick of deodorant with a neighbor who didn't have any. She pointed at the house where the person lived and it was boarded up and in such bad shape that I couldn't believe anyone lived there. Later that day I took a bag of groceries, and hygiene supplies and left them on the porch. I also put some money in the bag. It ended up being the house of the meth girl. If I'd known I probably would have left a Walmart gift card that she couldn't use for meth. She is one sad little mess. 



The water is pouring out of empty trailers. We called the water company and they came out and said they couldn't do anything about it. We are having a terrible drought and water is pouring out 24 hours a day and no one will fix it. I imagine on the 4th they will turn off all the water to the park and put fences up all around the property.

I've known for years that the trailer would get sold off eventually. It's been sad to watch all the people who have lived there 30 and 40 years lose their home.

 

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors