Friday, January 29, 2021

Sean's PE

Sean had a PE assignment and the next day for English he had to write a true story so he wrote about his PE assignment.

 

The Day My P.E Teacher (and my mom ) tried to kill me.

                                                            Sean Lindsay

         I’ve been doing online school for almost a year now, so I don’t get out much. I have asthma and in the winter when it’s cold it’s kind of hard to breathe. I’m also missing an important part of my immune system called IgA. When I was little I spent a lot of time at the hospital and on oxygen. During Quarantine I've been staying home watching videos, playing games and doing online school. I really don’t go anywhere or see anyone.

 This semester I took 7th grade P.E. My first assignment was to run a mile. So my mom woke me up at noon and dragged my butt out the bed and told me I had to go running. I didn’t get anything to eat or drink. So we started walking and then my mom told me to run to the end of the block. So then I ran to the end I was fine at first but then my throat started to hurt.  My mom walked me and by the time she got to me I was having a full blown asthma attack. Me and my mom sat on the curb and she gave me my inhaler that she has in her pocket. After a bit my mom said we have to start walking home.

We walked through a neighborhood to take a shortcut and then the breathing got worse. My back was hurting, I couldn’t breathe, and it felt like my lungs were going to pop. Everytime I breathed it felt like my backbone was going to break. Then I felt like I was about to throw up. I was gagging and spitting. My mom told me to sit down but I laid down in the grass next to the road and thought about dying. Some cars drove by and looked over and then one of the people that lived in the neighborhood came out of his house and walked over to me and said are you okay do you need an ambulance? My mom said no. Eventually I got up and we started walking home very, very slowly.



No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors