Saturday, September 30, 2023

Lost

Don and I met Marjie and Cary at the state fair. We were having a really good time eating, and walking around. We stopped to get the caricature drawn and were sitting in a little tent. Marjie had to go the the bathroom. The bathroom was literally right across from the tent. Marjie went in the bathroom and Cary was watching her. She was walking back and poof, she disappeared. It was terifying. It took an hour to find her. I was running around finding security and the police. I felt like no one was doing anything. Marjie had left her phone and purse next to Don in the tent. Don stayed at the tent and Cary walked around with her phone trying to get it to sync with her Apple watch. I started stopping everyone in a golf cart or scooter and showing them Marjie's picture and asking them to look for her. Security had her picture and had given it to everyone at the entrance and exits and the police were already at the fair. I felt like no one in the golf carts really cared. I saw an middle age black woman in a jazzy chair and went up and showed her Marjie's picture and told her what was happening. By this time I'm full on crying. This lady, whose name I don't know said "I will help you." She looked the whole time and never stopped until after we found her. She reminded me of the black lady on the cruise ship who helped me find Sean when he was two and lost. I wish I knew both those women's names because I am eternally grateful for their support. Cary finally found Marjie in the 4H building. We had been there earlier and when Marjie knew she was lost she went and sat in the building. She said she was scared and she knew she was lost but didn't know what to do so she just sat down.

 

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors