Sunday, November 1, 2009

November is here!



November is here. October is so yesterday. Don, Sean and I went to the lake today and it was beautiful! Sean loves to throw rocks in the water. There were only two other people on the lake that we could see and they were fishing. I imagine all our rock throwing scared the fish in their direction. We try to be helpful.

It's fun to make root beer but I don't particularly like root beer so I thought, why not try and make some orange soda along with the root beer? Well, the reason why people don't do that is because it doesn't taste good. It was fun to make but not so fun to drink. I bought dry ice the day before we were going to use it and I stored it in a cooler. When I went to get it out the bag was very dry and very empty. Hm, what do you think happened? Did someone steal my dry ice? It just vanished like the wind. Weird things happen at Halloween. It was pretty funny Don ran to the store and bought some more. If you plan to store dry ice over night I suggest you keep it in an air tight, very small container.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

BTW, I LOVE the new title of your blog. Very apt!

Anonymous said...

An airtight small container might explode.
Uncle Ed

Sharon said...

Hi Carol, Fantastic pictures of the lake. Sean is so lucky to have a fun, stable home now. Sorry your orange drink wasn't good. I mix frozen grape juice and club soda to make my form of Grapette since it isn't sold anymore. I don't think there is anyplace around here to buy dry ice!

mommiebear2 said...

Who knew you could make root beer at home?? Glad you had a happy halloween!

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors