Monday, April 11, 2011

DCFS hearing update

(I got fake nails for the wedding and I can't type...eek)
Today was another hearing for the girls. Jenny called me right after very upset. She really thought she was going to magically get the girls back for keeps today. She did get unsupervised visits though so I told her she should be happy. She feels like Ryan is getting all the breaks and that he is all anyone cares about. She said they told her she did not have good attendance at rehab, she had missed a drug screen and they were concerned about her ability to care for the girls. The girls therapist wrote a report saying the girls had been seriously abused. I don't know what all it said but it wasn't favorable for Jenny and Ryan.

I called Lanette and she was upset saying she thought they were going to give the girls back to Jenny and that Ryan's attorney had attacked her saying she was lying because she wants to adopt the girls. She said the judge really came down on Ryan because his dad is still living with him and he missed half his drug screens. Ryan's attorney said they didn't have enough time and the judge said they'd had a year. Bottom line the judge said on June 1 there will be a hearing and the girls will either go home or parental rights will be terminated. I told Lanette that sounded like good news to me. She then called Clarice the social worker and called me back. In the meantime Jenny had called again still mad that it was all about Ryan. It sounds like Ryan's attorney just won't shut up. This is the woman who said to the judge after Ryan had been arrested for leaving a child in a house that the police called "deplorable" your honor my house gets messy too.

Anyway Lanette said Clarice didn't think it was going great for either parent but Jenny's chances were better than Ryan's. Lanette also said she and Clarice hoped I would not help Jenny with her unsupervised visits because they want her to do it "on her own without any help." I am totally fine with that. Lanette said anytime I want to see the girls to call and she would meet us somewhere so that Sean can see her sisters. She said when the girls come home from their dad's they complain about the smell.

I asked how Kylie did at pre-school this week and she said she did great.

And the world continues to turn and my stomach churn. It's like a roller coaster and I don't want to get my hopes up because I don't have much faith in the DCFS system.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors