Saturday, August 18, 2012

Fair and air




I took Sean to the county fair. It was pretty lame. The only cool part was the petting zoo where you could feed the animals. There was a baby camel, llama and a tiny little calf. The calf kept trying to nurse from the camel. The only problem was the camel was a little boy and what the calf was trying to nurse from wasn't working. The Camel kept trying to get away and the calf kept following, finally the camel sat down in disgust. It was kind of cute. I asked why the calf wasn't with it's mom and they said it had been abandoned and they were bottle feeding it.

Baby camels are really soft.

Look at that little calf, he's saying "get up camel and give me some milk!:

I got a plate of "tornado potatoes" and I ate most of them.

After the potato's I did something really stupid. I went with Sean on a ride called the "tornado". Honestly, I don't know what I was thinking. I had to get the man to stop the ride. I was so close to barfing all over the ride. He stopped the ride, asked if I was OK, I said no. He helped me get off. I then laid down in the grass and tried my hardest not to barf. Sean kept saying "rides don't make boys sick." Yep, lucky for him. I was sick to my stomach the rest of the day. It made me think of barfing on a carnival ride in the parking lot of Kings as a little kid. I told the guy I was going to throw up and he didn't believe me and didn't stop the ride. His mistake. This guy totally believed me. Sean still wanted to ride the rides so he rode by himself and I pretended I was having fun.

We went with Catherine and Jackson, Jameson and Tyson to the trampoline place called "get air". The kids had fun and expended lots of energy.

My camera took lousy pictures. Catherine's boys can do some impressive tricks. Sean was pretty timid. Finally he started doing some flips into the foam. Jackson can really do some fancy foot work. Jackson smashed his finger in the door at lunch. He's going to end up losing his nail. Ouch. He was also missing his partner in crime Harrison who was at a boy scout camping trip.

Then we went to Paces for ice cream! When we got home Ethan came over to play so Sean loved his day!

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors