Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Making the most of summer

We are trying to get all the fun we can out of summer because fall is just around the corner. Before you know it we will be out looking for pumpkins.

I wanted to get at least one more visit with Kylie and Brie before schools starts and Kylie starts on Monday. Brie goes in for Kindergarten testing next week too.

Steph started back to school this week too. She is the team leader for the kindergarten teachers so she has extra responsibilities.

The girls spent the night and the kids had a grand time. When I was talking to Sean about all the things they did I said them out of order and Sean said " no we......" and put everything they did in chronological order. Smart kid.

I know I've said it before but I will say it again, Lanette is amazing. The girls are great and I enjoy them but when they leave I am exhausted and my house is trashed. Lanette takes care of them every day in addition to the two other kids she adopted as well as her own teenage daughter. Add to that she has adult children, grandchildren and a job. Not only does she do all that well she looks really good too. Too bad she is so darn like able because I could really hold the looking good part against her.

Just a note of how messy my house was. While I was swimming with the kids AJ called and asked "where are you? Where' Grandma and why is the house trashed?" Ha, that's pretty trashed. I was swimming, Grandma was with Wendy and three little kids trashed the house. Honestly, I don't know how they did it. Sean said "it looks like Ethan was her." That's for sure.

As I was getting ready to take the girls home Kylie said "I wanted to see that boy." I asked "what boy?" and she said "that little one that looks like Sean." She meant Ryder. I told her it was too late but I'd try to make sure we included Ryder in our next outing. I thought that was cute that she can't remember his name and just describes him as the little boy that looks like Sean. She's not quite sure what the connection is but knows there is one and wants to keep it.

Kylie is something else. She got mad at Sean and Brie for something they did. A few minutes later Brie and Sean come in my room and said "what do you want?" I said "I don't want anything." They said "Kylie said you were mad and wanted to talk to us RIGHT NOW!" Good one Kylie.

I think this was the first time I ever had them that they did not mention Jenny. It was cool, they talked about their vacation to Lake Powell, water skiing, gymnastic lessons and starting school. Their only drama involved tooth fairy money. Brie lost a tooth and she said Luke took her tooth fairy money and gave it to Stephanie who spent it on ice cream. Stephanie said Kylie told her she could have it for KEEPS and Kylie said she didn't. Kylie said she thinks there are too many kids in the family and it should just be her and Brie who were adopted.  Ah, the drama of youth. No police, no hand cuffs, no one getting drunk and beating anyone up, no hiding in closets. Just tooth fairy money and sibling rivalry. Such a great thing.

We had dinner at Chuck a Rama.

The kids swam and jumped.

Cool picture of Kylie's hair.

Sean had a melt down. I bought sidewalk chalk paint and Kylie and Brie decided it was more fun to paint each other than the sidewalk. Sean didn't agree and was mad when they painted his head.

Alika came over for an ankle wrap. That's Don's ankle in red and Alika's in purple. Don fell off a curb at work rolled his ankle and landed on his back. Alika was river rafting and slammed her foot into some rocks. Ouch!

Wendy came and took Mom out to get her haircut, out to lunch and to the dollar store. Mom was happy as a clam. I was really happy that she got out of the house with someone other than me. I really, really appreciated it. Lynn brought her lunch this week too. Art took her out last week in an attempt to get her ID. It didn't work but I was happy that Art took her! I took her to the dentist Monday and she had a filling and another tooth pulled. Not fun for her. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok, for some reason I haven't read your blog in a while--or anyone's for that matter. Or even updated my own. :) But I have just spent the last 20 minutes laughing and getting a little teary while reading your blog. Let's play, I miss you! And the girls and Sean. Love the post about the girls, and what Kylie said about Ryder. And so glad you and Sean are ok after your alpine slide crash. Scary!

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors