Monday, August 6, 2012

Grandma is 85

We had a birthday party for Grandma's 85th a couple of days early. Her birthday is on the 7th. Strawberry ice cream cake from Dairy Queen.


Steph making edible bowls for the chocolate balls.

Jaclyn and Steph's creations.

By the time the festivities were over my head was ready to explode and I needed an ativan. Mom's ID expires on her birthday and she wants a new one. She's been talking about it for awhile. I've been taking her to doctor's appointments, for test, to the dentist, the podiatrist. In addition she is obsessed with food (always has been) and while we are eating lunch she wants to know what I'm going to do for dinner. Not to be mean but sometimes it drives me crazy. So, the other day I took her to the podiatrist and she asked "when are you going to take me to get my ID?" I said Art or someone else can take you. At dinner I asked Art if he could take her and he said he had something to do, then I said Lynn. Mom said I have to go tomorrow or Tuesday. They both said didn't know if they could take her and mom said "I'm telling Carol." I just walked outside. I was so MAD. "I'm telling Carol!" Holy crap people, am I the only kid in this family. Then Wendy said "she can stay in our pool house for a week." Really, stay in your pool house. How are you going to get here there she can hardly freaking walk. I said "oh and are you going to feed her three meals a day?" and Wendy said she didn't cook. I went outside to water plants so that I wouldn't scream and Jaclyn came out and said they'd figured it out. Lynn and Art are going to come pick her up. Speaking of Jaclyn, she made Grandma a picture book for her birthday and she couldn't even get family members to send her pictures and letters for the book. Really, you can't email a picture. I can't wait until they see how much fun it is to get her in and out of the house. People, come on get a clue. I thought I was over it this morning but as I write this I get mad all over. As a matter of fact I am REALLY, REALLY angry. What the hell is wrong with this family!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Then I start feeling guilty because I could of just taken her to get her damn ID. But honestly why is it always have to be me. And no people, don't read this and then call me. Just call Grandma and talk to her because she's the one who is bored and lonely not me. Believe me I've got plenty to do.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors