Friday, September 11, 2015

Ashes to Ashes

The funeral director brought mom's ashes over last night. That was hard but not as hard as knowing the cremation was going on all day. Now it's done. We drove them over to Char's house so Autumn could take them back to N.C. on the plane today. We will meet up in Maryland in October for the burial.

Frank the funeral director asked me why mom was wearing garments and holding a rosary. I told him she was just covering her basis. Mom spent a lot of time listening to mass and the rosary in English and Spanish over the past two years. I thought it was strange but it made her happy.




































Ed Warehime The goat picture is so special because Pat got something she asked for. She saw the goat cart pictures being taken and asked that she have her picture taken . We didn't ask for much. But we got a lot. Pat left a treasure of Thomas and Bonig history that .only she had. Pat had Mom's green suitcase of Barrows/Tribbet info that Aunt Belle started for her DAR membership. When we lived on Hawthorne Ave. we played neighborhood night games like KICK THE CAN and RUN SHEEP RUN , one night I got up a tree and was afraid to get down . Pat came over and got me down . Some of my history died with Pat . When Mom was carrying me she and Pat would sing AND BABY MAKES THREE . Mom sent Pat to the Warehime Farm at Berry's Ridge to be safe from POLIO. I was a baby so Mom kept me in ASHTABULA,OH. Pat got polio at the farm in Berry's Ridge.. Pat was placed in a polio hospital in Cleveland for treatment. Mom went to see Pat on weekends. When Pat came home her doll had to be burned.

Carol Thomas Lindsay thinking about life
My moms been dead 25 hours and 15 minutes and I can't seem to quit crying
Like   Comment   

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors