Friday, February 13, 2009

Wisdom of the homeless

I checked in a guy today who had lost 20 pounds in the last two weeks. I asked him how he'd done it and he said "living at the Road Home." I told him that wasn't a diet I wanted to try. He said he had a degree in English but wasn't teacher and had been working at American Expres but had been laid off. (That's where Lynn's wife Wendy's mom has worked for 25 years and she got laid off too). He said "only one paycheck and a job away." and I said "from being homeless." He looked at me confused and said, "no, from not being homeless." I was like, wow...depends which side of the shelter you're on. I was thinking about how easy it would be to end up there and he was thinking how close he was to getting out of there.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors