Thursday, January 13, 2011

Hot, hot, hot

Sean tried to be good natured even though he was miserable! I thought he was getting better in Catalina but I was wrong. He was up with a fever the last night in Catalina. We took a boat to Long Beach and he coughed so much he threw up the first real food he had eaten. When we got to Disney Land we went out for a little bit and he did the Toy Story ride which he liked but I could tell he was miserable so we went back to the hotel. I gave him more Tylenol and Advil but was starting to get worried. Don came back because the sole fell off his shoe. I decided we better take Sean to the doctor so I went to the help desk and asked for a list of urgent care clinics. They offered to send a nurse to our room. I declined but took the list. We got a taxi and went to an urgent care clinic in Anaheim. Our insurance is actually BCBS of Anaheim. How convenient is that?
The MA at the clinic took one look at Sean's eyes and said "what happened?" I told her that wasn't what we were her for. The doctor was British and kept calling me "love." I didn't care because within 20 minutes we had been seen had a prescription filled at the clinic by the pharmacist for zithromax and were done. He said Sean's lungs were clear diagnosed him with bronchitis (as usual for Sean) and we were on our way. There was a shoe outlet in the same strip mall so Don got new shoes before Sean and I were even done.

Sean again had a tough night. In the morning I took his temperature and it was 104.6. I gave him Tylenol and Advil and took it again 20 minutes later because he felt even hotter. The temporal scanner said "hi." "Hi" what the crap does that mean. I put on my glasses took it again and it still said "hi." Reminded me of taking Laila's blood sugar and the glucometer reading "hi." It should just say "your kid is about to have a seizure." I guess that's too many letters. I read the booklet for the thermometer later and it said it reads "hi" when it's over 107. Can that be true? That scared me. I got in the bathtub with him and when I checked it an hour later it was down to 103.6. By afternoon he actually started to feel a little better. He still wasn't eating but was drinking again.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors