Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The never ending saga

I keep thinking things are coming to a close and the girls and Sean can be adopted and a chapter in their lives (and ours) put behind us. I just want to be able to raise Sean without the drama of his biological family in our lives.


Yesterday Jenny had a DCFS hearing. She called me in the morning and I told her I was not going to come because I didn’t want to be questioned. She said that her attorney told her that the DCFS report was all bad and that they were petitioning to stop reunification efforts. She said that everything Clarice said was a lie. I told her to call me later in the evening to let me know what happened. She said there will be another hearing in March and if DCFS doesn’t prove all their allegations they will immediately get the girls back. Needless to say when she got to court they picked up on her warrant and they hauled her off in handcuffs as soon as the hearing was over. I thought perhaps the fat lady was warming up and would soon start singing but alas, I was shocked this morning to discover she was already out of jail. How could that be?

She called me this morning and told me she was released last night by pre-trial. That made no sense to me because I don’t think pre-trial works that way. I’ve watched pre-trial at Jenny’s hearings. (I have learned SOOO MUCH about the court system and jail since I’ve met Jenny.) I asked her, “You didn’t have to post bail?” and she said “no.” I actually asked her twice. Both times she said no. I went to the Utah Court xchange and pulled up today’s update and low and behold $1000 non monetary surety bond was posted by Dewey’s Bails Bonds. Hmm, I think she fibbed to me. Shocking I know. This leaves the question of who bailed her out? I would be amazed if Ryan could come up with $1000 in a couple of hours. Is his car worth  $1000?  Did Jenny get her paycheck and Ryan came up with the rest? Who on earth does she know with anything worth $1000?

The previous fraud investigator has retired. I talked to someone today who said they couldn't go after Ryan criminally because he didn't sign any of the papers. He let Jenny do it all and then just bought beer and cigarettes with her ill begotten gains. They will go after him financially, well that's a big fat joke. I’ve talked to Clarice, the social worker about five times today. She is at the end of her patience. She keeps calling because she’s trying to arrange visitation. She said there will be a hearing in March and if DCFS doesn’t get the reunification efforts terminated then they will continue with visitation and reunification efforts. She also said I would be getting subpoenaed again.

As the ghetto world turns and churns so does my stomach!

2 comments:

Standinginhislight said...

good gracious, it never ends...
Praying for some closure sometime soon... Sean is so blessed to have you & your family!
~Sheri

Anonymous said...

It just sucks, doesn't it? So sorry you still have to deal with all the crap. And I'm so so sorry for the girls, of course.
Jenny called me a few times, wants pics of Ryder (which I still haven't sent--oops) but I know she really wants money and help; she hinted not-so subtly.

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors