Sunday, January 9, 2011

Catalina Island

We met up with family at the airport for a trip to the Long Beach California airport. We parted ways at the airport. We went to Catalina for two days and Catherine's family went to Disney Land. We are meeting up with them at Disney on Monday. The boys were all  very excited. Catherine didn't tell her kids they were going to Disney until they got to the airport.

Catalina is one of my favorite vacation spots. Myrtle Beach and Catalina are probably a tie. Something about the golf carts and the close proximity of Catalina just wins me over every time we go there.

Our first night at dinner. Don and Alika tried Oysters Rockefeller. Poor Sean came home from school sick on Friday, was sick Friday night and we left Saturday morning. Last night he was up coughing and had a high fever. He didn't eat all day. Fortunately I came armed with ibuprofen, Tylenol and his prescription cough syrup. We could have used the nebulizer though. He didn't eat at all today but today he's eaten a little and been in pretty good humor in between fevers. The walls in this 100 year old million dollar cottage we are staying in are paper thin. It cracks me up that these totally dumpy little cottages are close to a million dollars. Location, location, location.

Note Sean's black eye. He got it on school on Wednesday. He had a tough week. They didn't call me when he got the shiner but they called me on Friday when he had a fever which freaked me out. I was thinking it must be really bad because I thought they should have called me when he fell into the corner of a table.

AJ and Steph came on a separate flight but met up with us in Catalina about two hours after we got there.

I love the picture of Avalon in the background.

We took a yellow submarine ride where you could shoot torpedoes of fish food out and watch the fish swarm. They did all this silliness on a flat screen like we were really in a submarine. Sean thought it was so awesome. It was a fun thing to do.

I like this picture. Alika looks like she is photo shopped in but it's real.

Every time we go to Catalina we do a picture in front of this fountain. I am going to have to find them all and put them in a book together.

AJ and Steph, romance on the beach. They were off on their own and we found them. (We weren't even looking.) Just goes to show how small the island is.

Climbing on the rocks.

Alika ventured into some scary waters to get some Seaweed for Sean.

David and Alika ordering Mexican. David popped his clavicle again messing around. He rolled on the ground for a bit but quickly recovered.

This is the art work on the wall at the restaurant. Dang who painted the joker lips on that woman?

And a game of poker before we go to bed so we can get up early and catch the boat to the mainland and a van ride to Disney.

1 comment:

Jaclyn said...

I've thought about all of you guys this weekend and especially today. I am crazy jealous but hoping youre having a good time nonetheless. Give my love to Mickey, Minnie and all of the Princesses. Can't wait to hear more about your trip. I'll update you on my exciting weekend involving grocery shopping, filling the car up with gas and being abused by small children as usual.

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors