Thursday, March 31, 2011

Busy house today

Alika and Sean lifted some weights and then did a little yoga. Alika always has funny stories from the Montessori school. Yesterday a little boy was coloring and singing, "I'm going to break your heart girl." A little girl came  to Alika sobbing that he was going to break her heart and to make him stop.

Sean decided to wear a box. What can I say he has the figure for it. We had to buy him new pants today or he may have been wearing a box for real. We sent a big box of hand me downs to Nate. Steph said Penny needs some hand me downs too and she wishes I had a girl bigger than Penny. I told her to sew some lace on Sean's old pants. Who knows maybe Penny will grow to like Spider Man and Iron Man. I bought Sean a shoe holder to hang in his closet for his vast collection of shoes. We bought dress shoes for the wedding. He was not happy about that, he said "those aren't mine." We got some Spider Man shoes too. Not sure why I indulge this shoe obsession.

The box soon became the basis for a robot costume.

Alika then trimmed Steph's hair and they started working on hairstyles for the wedding.



There is a plus to having the maid of honor be a hair stylist. Steph gets her hair and make up professionally done on her wedding day.

On a sadder note: I gave Napster to a student on Tuesday and he ran away last night. If anyone sees a large furry manx cat wandering around Sandy it's mine. I called and had his micro chip information updated and he was wearing a color. I feel bad. I was hoping he would adjust and be happy.

Girls update: Talked to the case worker yesterday and I am pretty sure the girls are going back to Jenny and Ryan. The case worker just doesn't care. She said it's a boarder line case. The only thing boarder line is Jenny and Ryan's personalities. I asked what happens, do the girls just go back? She said the state would keep custody for a month or more and Jenny and Ryan would have the girls and if "something really bad happened" the state would take them and they wouldn't get them back again. Good grief, define really bad! Being left alone, hungry, dirty, witnessing your parents trying to kill each other, being sworn at, hit.... none of that is really bad. I guess it's not really bad until one of them is dead or in ICU. Makes me crazy. I talked to the foster mom and she is beside herself. She said the girls therapist said they both have bad PTSD. I guess that's not "bad enough" though. 


No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors