Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Pirates, teachers and my stress

Sean just couldn't be happier about Alika being upstairs. Yesterday she made pirate hats for him and gave him a hair cut. He tells her "Alika you are my BEST friend."

She even made a pirate hat for his bear.

Sean pitched a fit until she made him an eye patch. Can you blame him, what's a pirate without a patch.

A couple of weeks ago Alika started working at Sean's school as a teacher's aide. Today I snuck up on her when she was dealing with about 30 kids hanging on her calling "teacher." The first day she worked really confused Sean.  We went to the downstairs classroom and I said "look Sean it's Alika." All the kids were calling her teacher and Sean said "Alika's not a teacher." He wanted to leave the school really bad so we left. Out in the parking lot he looked at Alika's car, touched it, talked about it, walked around it a few times and then got in my car. On the way home he said "there are two Alika's, teacher Alika and sister Alika." It really confused him. I think he honestly believed that there was an Alika impersonator at the school. He's gotten used to it.

Now on to my stress. Lanette (The foster mom) texted me today freaking out because Ryan's attorneys are really pushing for him to get a trial home placement with the girls. I don't even know how that can be possible. It just makes me sick to my stomach. Yesterday I asked Kylie what she'd been up to and she said "I saw Jesus." I said "who did you see Jesus with?" she said "Lanette." I asked her where she was when she saw him and she said she didn't know. I told Lanette and she said the other day Kylie told her she saw Jesus and he knew her name and he was cool. Kind of strange. I just don't even want to think about Ryan getting those kids back. It makes me need an ativan!

1 comment:

Standinginhislight said...

I *heart* Alika's connection w/ Sean... simply adorable!
...and I am still praying for those girls *sigh*
~Sheri

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors