Sunday, March 27, 2011

Slushy weekend

We waded through the slush and went to Huntsville today and ate brunch at an Inn. Sean took the pictures while we were waiting to eat. The Weber river is high and the snow and rain are still coming and the melt hasn't begun. It could be a major flood year.

Another Sean photo, Steph and AJ checking out the menu.

The inn had a dog in the front entry named Lady Blue. Sean thought she was awesome. She was very mellow. The owner said the dog was on pain pills for her hip.

We went to the lake condo for a while. Sean wanted to play hide and seek. He is so funny he hides in the same place and then sends you to count and look for him over and over. Today's hiding place was under the blankets on the bunk bed. He would hide with me and send Don to count then hide with Don and send me to count. Once he even hid under the blanket with AJ and Steph. He says "go count I'm going to hide in the bed." Sean's word of the week is "actually."

Alex and the puppies came over for tacos this evening. Last night we took Grandma to Red Lobster and Alex met us there. Grandma said it was the best meal she'd had in a long time. It was hard for her to get out. She fell this week and landed on her knee which is now black and blue. We had a heck of a time getting her off the floor.


Alika and Sean playing some old school Nintendo.


Ryan texted on Friday and asked if he could come see Sean today, I said sure. When we decided yesterday that we were going to Huntsville I texted him and told him to come before lunch and he said he'd be there at 11. I actually thought he was going to show up. For some reason I told Sean he was coming and I never do that. Sean was excited to see "Daddy Jenny". About five minutes before he was supposed to be here he texted from his dad's phone and said he had phone and car problems and wasn't going to make it. I told Sean and he said "tell him to walk." I said "Sean, I'm sorry it's too far." He looked and me and said "I'm OK" and continued playing.


1 comment:

Standinginhislight said...

ha ha, we have old school nintendo too. We save and use it for the littles, that way they aren't pestering the bigger kids w/ their games. (I actually like it better, seems so much more simple,lol)
Love the photos!
~Sheri

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors