Friday, June 24, 2011

Our week in a minute

Sean got sick again. This time with croup and an ear infection. They gave him decadron and amoxicillin and drops for his ears. I was nervous when he started coughing. It started Monday and I had just had the oxygen removed from the house on Friday. His oxygen saturation's have been good though.

All five of our caterpillars transformed into butterflies so Sean and Ethan set them free. That was a fun project. Everyone in the family enjoyed it.

One of the butterfly spent some time resting on the side of our house.

I had my windows cleaned by one of those Internet Super Deals. It was super cheap even when I added the rest of my windows to what I had purchased but I was SUPER unimpressed. I had to go around behind them and keep making them redo things. Finally I gave up. They look better then they did before but I would not recommend them to anyone.

Carter took a visit to the ER this week. He had bad side pain but ended up being fine. He missed one day of work. Just one more health care trip for us this week. Carter is so high strung spending an hour in the ER with him is enough to make me crazy.

Other news: I got a call from the girls case worker asking me to attend a "team meeting" on Tuesday. The girls therapist is very concerned about the girls going back to their parents and has called this meeting. I don't hold out much hope that it will do any good but at least she cared enough to call a meeting. I haven't heard from Jenny this week. I know she had the girls Wed and Thurs. Her phone is still turned off but apparently she can text. Strange.

Sean has been a hoot this week. He keeps running around saying "I am the HOLY GHOST!" Mormon neighbors, what's a family that doesn't go to church to do? I was teasing Ethan's mom about what Ethan was teaching Sean and she laughed said it must have been the topic at primary this week.

 His other big topic this week is the size of penises. He seems to think about it quite a bit he told Alika that daddy has a REALLY BIG PENIS. He told me the same thing and then asked why his was so small. I explained that penises like all other body parts grow as you get bigger. He was pleased with that answer. He likes to point out people and ask me how big their penises are. Honestly it makes me laugh so hard I can barely stand it. He's also very occupied with race. "LOOK THAT PERSON IS BROWN LIKE MOMMY JENNY!" Yes, son, yes they are! He also asked if girls didn't have penises because they had all been clipped off? No, son, no they haven't they were just born that way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, I think I was crying, groaning, and laughing all while reading this one post.

Interesting reflections about your first marriage. Sorry that he was so crappy to Steph and AJ.

HILARIOUS Sean moments! I love the Holy Ghost comment. You're surrounded Carol, good luck with that. :)

Interesting about the meeting on Tuesday. Can't wait to hear how that goes.

We did the butterfly thing too a few weeks ago, but had some casualties. Only 2 out of our 5 hatched. Hmmm, we are butterfly murderers I guess. I'm thinking we have to try it again. Maybe I'll have to get pointers from you guys. Or maybe I just need to not drop the jar after they form and knock them all off the lid. yeah, that'll probably do it.

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors