Sunday, June 19, 2011

Visit with the girls and Jenny

Jenny had the girls for her second overnight. She called and wanted to know if they could come over for dinner. (Meaning I don't have money to feed them.) I told her they could come over for lunch if she rode the Front runner to Woods Cross. (She has a pass courtesy of DCFS). At 10:30 Sean and I went to pick them up at the train station. Sean kept asking where they were coming from. Since we were at the train station he was thinking it was a big adventure.
They were having an outdoor fair over at the Fresh Market shopping center. We stopped by for hot dogs. The girls got tinsel in their hair. They wanted to get their nails painted but there was a line and I told them Alika could do it for them.

They explored the fire truck. Sean asked the fireman why it wasn't red. They told him white fire trucks were faster but I don't think he believed him.
Sean then asked to see their helmets. He wanted to know why it wasn't red. They told him only the Captain got a red helmet. He told him he was THE Captain because he has a red toy helmet.

Alika painted Brie's nails to match her shirt.

Funny story while we were sitting on the porch. Kylie and Sean left to play in the water so it was just me Jenny and Brie. Brie was talking about how big Kylie is. She said "Kylie is so big she can baby sit all by herself." I asked "are you old enough to baby sit?" and she said "NOOOOO!" like I was so silly. I asked "who can she baby sit" and she said "me." Jenny got all indignant and said "Does Lanette leave you home alone with Kylie?" Brie got  indignant and said "NO, YOU DO!" Jenny had that "I just got caught look" and said "you mean I left you alone when I went to take out the trash" and Brie said "No you left us alone all the time." I said "BUSTED!" and she didn't say anything and the subject changed. It was so classic but it's usually Kylie that talks about things that have happened I've never heard Brie say anything like that. I thought she didn't remember but apparently she does.

Ethan joined in our outdoor fun. You have to know Ethan to appreciate this picture. He is a kid who has to carry as much stuff at one time as humanly possible. He will hold toys in both hands, under his arms and carry them in his teeth at the same time. In this picture he has a toy in one hand and fruit snack in the other and a cookie under his chin.
Jenny trying to throw water on Kylie but Kylie was to quick for her.

Kylie filling up the pool for Ethan and Sean. Just a funny side Sean story. He wanted a present for going potty in the toilet. I used to keep a bag of them in the closet as rewards but stopped when he didn't need them any more. I said "Sean I don't have any more presents. He said "Yes you do, we live in a big house, keep looking."

Alika hosing Sean down.
 Jenny's case worker had told me she didn't want me entertaining the girls while Jenny had them because she wants Jenny to make it or not make it on her own. I respected that up until she gave her overnight visits and made plans to reunite the girls permanently with Jenny and Ryan next month. My general thought is the state isn't going to protect the girls so it falls back on me and I need to be close enough to Jenny that when it all falls apart again and it will all fall apart again that I am the one that gets called to help the girls. Hopefully the next time it all falls apart again the kids don't get hurt and the state puts them back with the Richardson's permanently. Last week on her first over night the girls were here for dinner and Jenny asked for a pillow for Brie because she didn't have one, yet this week she paid $50 to go to Lagoon. It makes me absolutely crazy.

Her fraud charges are completed. She plead to a third degree felony of attempted public assistance fraud. They sentenced her to one to five years in prison and suspended the sentence and put her on probation for three years ordering her to pay back $16750 at $75 a month. Are you seriously kidding me! AND she can still get welfare for the girls. So unbelievable. She is on probation for jail, for prison and has a plea in abeyance. I cannot understand this. I asked her what happened at her hearing and she told me they just continued it and she has to go back in August. I don't know why she lied, she got away with it.

Lanette the foster mom is trying to establish a relationship with Jenny hoping that if the state doesn't terminate Jenny and Ryan's rights maybe they will sign custody of the girls over to them like they did with Sean. It's not a perfect solution but it's better than Jenny and Ryan having them all the time. Jenny likes Lanette but not her husband. I think that Jenny doesn't like father figures in general. The foster family moved out to Utah County so they are far enough away to make that work for them. Jenny likes the fact that they are older, have a pool and live in a nice house. Or maybe she just likes all that because she's thinking she can get lots of stuff from them.

1 comment:

Stephanie-jean Life:SemiCrunchy said...

I can't believe oh big Brie bird is! She looks so grown up with her long hair!!! I still want to punch Jenny.

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors