Sunday, October 30, 2011

Silly Kids

I think Sean now has about every Halloween costume out there. He and Ethan change costumes about five times a day. They live in costumes and not just in October.

I had the girls and Jenny at the house for a couple of hours yesterday. Jenny was going to Nephi to spend the night at her brothers and wanted to take Sean. NOT! We compromised and the girls and Sean played. When I went to pick them up her house was quite clean and didn't smell. I was impressed. Her dog is back and she had a sick kitten with a broken tail. I said Jenny "what is up with THAT?" She said Ryan and the girls found it on theTrax rail and took it back to the DCFS building where Jenny met them and he gave it to the girls. Good grief. I asked the girls what they did with their dad (because while he had them he was texting me asking how Sean was.) They said we rode the Trax. I asked "where did you go?" They said "we didn't go anywhere." "What did you do?" "We didn't do anything?" Really! I asked if they stopped to play and Kylie said "No, we found a sock and we threw it over the fence and we found a sick cat and brought it home." For some strange reason that really made me chuckle. Good times.


 

Brie in a remake of Sean's King costume from last Halloween

Kylie and Brie brought Halloween costumes from their foster mom. Jenny was whiny saying Brie doesn't want to be a dog and Lanette sent a dog costume. Good grief Jenny, you're her mom then get her a costume she wants. Brie is going to be a cow girl at Lanette's but I'm guessing Lanette didn't want to send that costume and never get it back. Anyway, Jenny wanted to know if Brie could wear one of Sean's costumes. I told her she could wear whatever she wanted. She went through all this costumes and was not happy because they were all for boys then she found his king costume and she liked it because it was a dress. I told her we could put some sparkles on it and it would be a princess super hero dress. We had fun and she was happy. Jenny kept saying "I can't believe you know how to do this?" Do what? Use a glue gun to put sparkles and lace on a costume. Isn't that what mother's do? My mother was horrified at the glue gun use she would have sewed all the lace. Sometimes I think I am having a positive influence but none of it seems to carry over to her life.
 
The three of them in costume. Jenny couldn't find any devil horns for Kylie so we made those too. We did a star for Brie's head. They had fun making costumes. We baked cookies too. Then I drove them home so they could drive to Nephi. Jenny borrowed her brothers car. They got out of my car (with my car seats) and got in their car then Kylie ran back and said we don't have any gas in our car. I said well I guess you won't get far then. Good grief Jenny did you think I was going to fill it up for you? We were feeding the ducks yesterday and I had a bag filled with cereal I emptied out of the almost empty cereal boxes. Kylie fed the stale bread to the ducks but wouldn't give them the cereal. She wanted to take it back to Jenny's house. I tell you that kid is a survivor. She isn't going to feed the ducks her only guarantee of a breakfast.
Colored boys!
After the girls went home Sean and Ethan played for a couple of hours. It was dark and Alika walked past Sean's room and told them not to color in the books. I went in a few minutes later and they were coloring each other's backs. It took 45 minutes in the tub to get that off!



No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors