Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Double dipping

I borrowed an idea from my niece Jaclyn the strawberry dipping queen and went dipping with Sean's preschool class. I took strawberries, big pretzels, white chocolate and dark chocolate. We put out wax paper and Lanette (their teacher showed them how to dip). She told them no one could eat anything until it was all dipped and dried. We spent awhile dipping and finally they were all done. After the kids started eating I found an undipped strawberry in the middle of the wax paper. "Look we missed one" I said. One of the kids dipped it. A minute later I found another one and the kids dipped it. A minute later Lanette picked up ANOTHER one and said "children, you cannot just lick off the chocolate off you have to eat the strawberry." I said "oops, I think we re-chocolated some licked strawberries." Lanette said "oh well" and re dipped strawberry number three. How's that for the ultimate double dipping.
It wasn't really that messy and they had a great time. The only thing more fun than a craft is an edible craft.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors