Saturday, May 12, 2012

Steph's birthday

 
Steph has been asking for a dog for over a year. I told her and AJ "NO PETS!" She kept asking and asking and texting and I kept saying no dog, you can have a chicken. She'd give me reasons why she didn't want a chicken and how she and AJ would take care of the dog and I would never know it was here. "Just a tiny little dog." Well, she wore me down so I decided to get her a dog for her birthday. (Also that new dog of Alex and Loreal's is so darn cute!) Loreal looked at some dog ads and I looked at some dog ads and we both came up with a little of Chorkie Poo's. (Yorkie, Chihuahua and poodle) the parents are both less than four pounds so they should make small dogs. I asked AJ if I should just get a puppy and put it in a box or let Steph pick from the litter. He thought she should pick. I still wanted it to be a surprise so I told AJ to tell Steph I needed her to translate at a house in Kearns. Steph was in a bad mood and was telling AJ she didn't want to. They followed me out to Kearns and when we got there Steph was confused because no one spoke Spanish. When we walked in there were dogs barking and I said "see one more reason not to have a dog."  Then I saw the puppies and I said "pick one." She thought I was so mean and was teasing her and started to cry. It took her awhile to believe she was really getting a puppy. (about an hour before we were going she was texting me asking for a dog and I told her "you're not getting a damn dog.)

She still looks a little in shock in this picture. It is an exceptionally cute puppy. She named it Polly. I call it Polly Pollo (chicken).

 Steph's kids and their parents along with AJ had a party for her at her school.

Unrelated to puppies. Alika moved all her stuff out and David moved into the "big room." I wish I'd taken pictures of all the kids moving in and out of the big room. David has waited a long time for his turn. We turned David's old room into a play room.

1 comment:

Stephanie-jean Life:SemiCrunchy said...

David certainly has waited a long time for the big room! He has also aged a bit since we lived in UT... amazing what two years can do!

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors