Thursday, May 3, 2012

Random thoughts

I still keep looking at Sean and thinking, he's really, truly ours, ours, ours. He's been mine in my heart ever since I put his naked little infant body under my nightgown and he melted into me. It is so wonderful to have him be ours legally and completely. 

I talked to Lanette today. She told the girls they were going to a party for Sean and they asked if it was his birthday. Lanette said "no, Sean is being adopted." The girls got really sad. Lanette asked them why they were sad and they said "we will REALLY miss him." Lanette, told them "no, it's not like that, he's still your brother and you will still see him." They were relieved. They know they are being adopted and won't see Jenny and Ryan anymore so that must have been frightening for them to think they'd lost Sean.

There was a funny incident with Judge Connors at the adoption. He asked me to tell him something about Sean's personality. I told him Sean was a goer and a doer and he loved to travel. Everyday when Sean wakes up he wants to know what the days adventure will be. On Tuesday I told him we were going to court and he was going to be adopted. He didn't really understand the word adoption so I told him we were all getting married to each other and he liked that. I told the judge that on the way to court Sean wanted to know where his luggage was. I told him hopefully we wouldn't be at court long enough to need luggage. The judge laughed and said "well, I don't have anywhere for you to stay unless I send you over to the jail." I said "no, we don't want that he has family there." Catherine said, "Your honor that's what we are trying to avoid." The judge actually turned red. I felt kind of sorry for him because he was embarrassed but it really was funny.

Catherine did such a great job as our attorney. She kept telling me everything would be OK, and to quit worrying. Which of course I couldn't but she did make me feel better. She was so organized (yep she's obsessive) and in control. She was calm and professional. I could tell the judge had a lot of respect for her. I was so proud of her I wanted to tell everyone "that's my niece!!!"

Other notes:
Steph passed her Praxis. One of the test required to teach in Utah. Yes, I know she's already been working as a teacher for the public schools for a year. We are proud of her. She also has pneumonia. We are not so proud of that.

Alex and Loreal got a new dog, Riley. Callie was missing for four days but she came home!

David is scheduled to graduate at the end of the month. He has 19 U's so it remains to be seen if he will walk across the stage or just get a diploma in the mail. He says he has it all taken care of.

Alika has moved out. (again) She got a new job downtown so she moved into a house with some friends. She does love living downtown and riding her bike. She always complains that we live SO FAR AWAY from downtown. And who can blame her it's an entire 15 minutes. In retrospect I should have told her she had to take her bed last. This is how her room looks. No bed and all her junk still here.

She came over to get more of her stuff but said she was tired and played on Facebook instead. I'm going to try to get her to come over on Saturday and Don and I will help her clear it out. I want to get David in the big room so I can turn his room into a playroom and put all Sean's toys in one place.

Sean putting a bandaid on Taya. He loves that girl.

Sean and Ethan watching the movie Rio on my cell phone. I asked them if they wanted to watch it on the big TV and they said no. Who needs a flat screen when you have a one and a half inch screen.

Skyler is home from Afghanastan with his body and mind intact. This is most excellent.

Sean is playing T-ball. Taya is on his team. He is really enjoying it and kind of learning the game.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors