Sunday, May 13, 2012

Sean's adoption party

The adoption party is over, it's all official now. Yesterday we had our "pony party." When Catherine told her kids they were going to an adoption party one of them said "What Carol and Don don't want Sean anymore they are giving him up for adoption." It is funny that most people thought he already was adopted or assumed we'd just given birth. His teacher from school came and until I told her she had no idea. Sean called it his "doption party." He thought it was awesome because people brought him presents and it was all about him. What's not to like about that.

I took a ton of pictures so be prepared!
Brie getting up close and personal with Harley the pony

Ethan's mom, Miranda was a hit with face painting.

Don did pony patrol. Steph (Kylie and Brie's adopted sister)

Maren, she would not look up at me for a picture.

Claudia with her granddaughter Bailey and her sister Lynda in the background. I was worried about not having enough food and of course I had WAY TOO MUCH! I gave lots away and I will be providing lunch at Sean's daycare on Monday.

Johnny the Clown did the BEST balloons ever. John is Loreal's best friend Al's husband. He was as big if not a bigger hit than the pony. That's Liam with a martian.

Ryder with Spider man and his web.

My big brother Lynn whose 6 year old son was calling me grandma. He he.

Kylie, Sean, Brie and Ryder. Sean wanted his face painted green. He was a dragon. Not sure what's with that face.

Don was pony patrol. The only problem with that is Don's allergic to pony's. His eye got really swollen. Even the sclera of his eye was swollen. All in the name of love and amusing the children.

Alika and one of the neighbors grand kids on Harley.
Steph, Heather, Grandma, Jaclyn and Maren.

I love this mermaid balloon. John was the most talented balloon twister I have ever seen. Stephanie holding it.

Luke, Kylie and Brie's adopted brother and his pug balloon puppy.


Probably my favorite picture because it tells such a tale. Lanette, me and Heather. The adoptive mom's. I was trying to figure out what we are all to one another. Char said there needs to be a new nursing definition for adoptive families. Catherine said it should be called "kinship". I think that's a good word. The definition 1. connection by blood, marriage, or adoption, family relationship. 2. Relationship by nature or character. 3. The state of having a common characteristic or common origin. Adoption adds an entire tier to kinship. Lanette, Heather and I are all parents of siblings does that make us kin parents. What is the relationship of all the kids adoptive siblings to their biological siblings. What are Lanette and Heather to Sean. Kin mothers. Heather said Aunt is fine. It's just an interesting relationship. It's a long term relationship because the families will always be there as the kids grow and have kids. Funny to think about.

Cowboy hats

Emma's flower balloon.

Steph and Polly.

Jameson and Harley.

Empress and Sabrina (Jenny's sister)

More cowboy hat pictures.
Alika and Sean.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those pictures just make me smile. It was an awesome party, I'm glad sean felt special. And I'm glad you can't sleep better at night now. :)

Anonymous said...

*sniff* I missed the party; but I am so happy for you and your family. What a beautiful thing!
Shine on...
Sheri

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors