Sunday, June 24, 2012

babycakes

I saw this little gadget called baby cakes at Kohl's. It makes cake pops. You know the As Seen on TV things.  I debated as to if it would work, if I would use it or if it would just be more kitchen clutter. 

To answer the question does it work, the answer is yes. It makes cute little round cakes. It uses regular cake batter. It doesn't stick even if you put in too much batter and they are still round if you don't put in enough batter. It cooks really fast, like two or three minutes per batch. They come out of the cooker easy and they are really moist.


I found this cute little post on the Internet with instructions on how to make Bee pops. You dip it in yellow chocolate, add white chocolate wings and then paint faces with black edible paint. The kids thought it was great fun. To answer my question I think it's a pretty fun gadget and will use it again. There is really no end to cake pops. I picture Halloween spiders and pumpkins, winter snowmen......The melted chocolate isn't too hot so the kids can dip them. Any mistakes, any thing that get broken in the dipping must be eaten immediately. That's a plus in the kids eyes. I was kind of nauseated by the time we were done. The kids were too, they didn't want to eat the final product they were too full of chocolate.

They ate the wings off the bees but that was about it. They then downed a couple of glasses of milk to counter all that chocolate.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors