Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Beyond pathetic

Watching Jenny's life is kind of like slowing down to look at a wreck. You know what you see won't be pretty but you look anyway.


I've been wondering why Jenny was still in jail. She had been released to Odyssey house by two separate judges .I figured something had to be brewing. Today I found out what. She has new felony fraud charges. Not the credit card fraud charges, they still haven't charged her with those. (I don't know why they haven't)

A man called the police this month and reported that Questar had called him saying his daughter owed them over $400 for gas. He told them his daughter was handicapped and lived in an assisted living center. (I bet you see where this is going.) They traced where the gas was turned on and it was Jenny's house. They listened to the recording when the gas request was made and it was Jenny's voice. She has her first court hearing tomorrow. Honestly, how dumb is that. Steal someone’s identity to turn on gas in your own house. Did she think she wouldn't get caught?

When I had the girls this week they talked a lot about their mom. They were just vomiting memories and none of them good. Sean kept asking them questions and the conversation went on and on. None of the memories were good. They all involved, screaming, hitting, punching, hiding under beds and being scared. I would just say "yes, your mommy Jenny made poor choices but she loves you." The flood gate opened when we passed a police car and Sean said "Daddy got a ticket." The girls asked "did they take his car? Did he go to jail?" Sean said "no." The girls asked why not and I told them that if you got a ticket and paid a fine you didn't go to jail. That set them off "Our mommy Jenny's in jail because she did bad stuff."

After we dropped the girls off Don and I were driving home and Sean started sharing his "mommy Jenny" stories. Stories about screaming, hitting, fighting and being scared. I don't know if these are real memories or if he is just parroting the girls. Though Sean did tell me he has the best memory in the world he said "I remember when I was growing in your tummy. I was an egg. I'm glad no one ate me." Grandma explained to him that while we start as eggs we are not as big as chicken eggs and no one eats us.

He finished his memory about yelling and being scared with "but mommy Jenny loves me." Don then said "and I love you." The mommy Jenny loves me just struck me wrong and I didn't know why because I'm the one who always says it.

I called Lanette today to talk to her about how I should handle the girl’s memories and what the therapist thinks. She said they don't refer to Jenny and Ryan as mommy or daddy anymore they just say Jenny and Ryan because they want the girls to associate mommy and daddy with them and not Jenny and Ryan. Excellent point. I told her I was telling the girls Jenny loved them and she said they don't do that either. When the girls bring up Jenny they say "she made poor choices and we feel bad for her but we are going to make good choices." They don't use the word love because they don't want the girls to associate love with abuse and hitting because then the girls will think if someone abuses them it's ok because "they love me." Dang, Lanette and Beck (the girl’s therapist) are sure smart.



No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors