Thursday, August 22, 2013

Final boat ride of the summer

I've never seen the lake this low. The boat dock was closed at Anderson Cove. We had to go to the other side of the lake to launch the boat.
If we don't get snow this year they may have to change the name from Pine View reservoir to Pine View pond or puddle. I don't recall the lake being this low in the fall.
 
Shari, chunky monkey and Autumn.

It's five o clock somewhere. We were wishing we had hammocks.
Liam and Lisa took their first boat rides. Autumn said it was the first time she'd been on a boat (not counting a cruise ship). I find that hard to believe but she says it's true.

 A very happy baby. He wasn't too happy when I shook a towel and the sand went in his sleeping face. He didn't like the boat ride so much. Sean asked "how come Lennox always smiles?

Someday I'm going to make a photo book of just boat pictures.
 

Captain Lisa. She was busy looking for treasure with her papa. She was very excited when she found an old pop top. It's been a couple of decade since they made pop tops so it was a novelty.

Liam really mad that he couldn't pull the boat up.

Serious hot babes in the pool!

Sean swam all the way across the pool with out his life jacket on. He is not a natural born swimmer but three years of swimming lessons is helping.

 Lisa Jean can fly!

We had to come back from the lake in time for Sean's kindergarten orientation for parents. The kindergarten information letter specifically said no children. I guess I was one of the few parents that read that line. Don stayed home with Sean because he was grumpy and didn't want to go over to AJ and Stephs. I met another mother of a kindergartner who is a grandmother too. Jacob a little boy who lives up the street mom was there too. She had Jacob when she was 44, he is her one and only. She is a labor and delivery nurse. I've tried to talk to her a couple of times over the years but she is always so negative and she seems REALLY old. I was talking to the other mom and Jacob's mom came up. I said here's another older mother. She said "I'm older than any of you, how old do you think I am?" I wanted to tell her it's not how old you are it's how old you look and act and you look and act ancient! I'm a year older than she is. I invited Jacob to play with Sean when they were two or three and his mom wasn't interested. Today she asked me if I wanted to carpool with her. Hmm, OK. Jacob and Sean will be in the same class

Sean is singing a night prayer, "God you're everywhere, you're in heaven and we're on earth, we can see you but you can't see us......" very cute. 

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors