Thursday, August 29, 2013

Happy 86th birthday

Mom's birthday was on the 7th. We waited to celebrate after Autumn and Shari arrived. It seems like all the family parties have about the same number of people even though the faces are different. Funny how that works. Jaclyn and her kids were not here but Autumn and hers were. A couple of people asked me where John and Julie were. I totally forgot to invite them.

Sword fighting in the living room. I thought mom was going to have a coronary on her birthday yelling at the kids to quit running around. When I was a kid mom was forever screaming at us "NOT NEXT TO THE LAMP!" It drove me a crazy. For a couple of years her lamp was upstairs in the living room and she would yell about the lamp. Drove me crazy so I took her lamp and put it in her room thinking I wouldn't have to hear her screaming at the kids. Now she screams "NOT NEXT TO THE CLOCK!" Dang it mom, it's my stupid clock and I'm not screaming about it. Oh well, some things don't change.

Jackson and Chase at the computers.

Khloe looking cute in her little pink hat. It kept falling over her eyes and that made her grumpy. Won't be too long until she's putting her sticky little hands on my clock.  When Sean was learning to walk he would pull himself up on the clock and hit the glass and look at me and say "no, no, no." He knew exactly what no meant.

I told Harrison he couldn't make a face. I wanted one picture of him not being silly, he obliged. I told him he could make a face on the next one. Khloe wasn't too happy about the picture.

Mom's lost a lot of weight. She doesn't have much of an appetite. Watching mom get old makes me feel old. Mom is the only generation between me being the oldest generation.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors