Sunday, March 13, 2016

One Person's Junk

We had been trying to get our old renter to get the hot tub out of the back yard and remove his last pieces of furniture. I've been texting him for over a month and he always had an excuse, "I was sick, it snowed, I overslept, I couldn't get anyone to help." The guy owns a moving van but still couldn't move his stuff. We got a bid to have stuff hauled away and it was $500. Good grief. We didn't want to pay that and we didn't want to move it ourselves. Then I had an idea, a marvelous idea! List this stuff under "Free" on KSL. First, I listed the hot tub.

 While I was a roll I listed these pavers.

Then I posted the furniture. Within about 30 minutes the text started. I texted Brian one last time and told him if he wanted his stuff he had until 5. He said "Can I have until 5 tomorrow?" I said, no if you want it come now. He didn't show. At 5:30 a guy showed up and picked up the entertainment center.
After about half a dozen text a man showed up at 7:30 to haul off the hot tub with no cover. It took them 90 minutes to load that sucker up. Don didn't think we would get any takers on the hot tub but soon became a believer.
 I had a guy text for the pavers. He said he would come over in the morning and pick them up.
I was pretty excited about all this stuff getting hauled off.

When we got home after helping the hot tub get loaded I started thinking about a few other things in the yard. There was a big, heavy water fall that we were going to have to break up and haul away. I posted a picture.

I put these flower pots on line with the address and said "these flower pots are on the drive way come pick them up." A little while later they were gone.

Someone came and hauled away all the pavers.

The first person that came out to get the water fall said it was too heavy. I had a couple of back up people. I called the guy who picked up the furniture the night before. Thirty minutes later I walked up to the house and he had this bad boy loaded in the back of his truck. I think the guys a bit of a hoarder.
The only thing I didn't get rid of were a couple pieces of metal that I listed as "scrap metal." I was kind of surprised. I see   scrap metal trucks around town. I thought the metal would go fast but alas there it sits.
Maybe tomorrow someone will come for the metal.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors