Saturday, June 30, 2018

First night in NC

I flew in on Delta and Lynn flew in on United. He got in about 30 minutes before me so he waited for me. We went to the hotel and then to the closest BBQ place. It was attached to a gas station and was a dive so I figured it would be good and it was.

The cook, he's the man. Loved the food.

After eating we drove downtown to Grandma's house, 410 Hyde Park Avenue. There was an older lady across the street sitting on the porch watching us take pictures of the house. I told her my grandma used to live in the house and she asked who my grandmother was. She knew her and Pam Brach. She has lived in the house across the street for 55 years.

The house is blue and the stream next to it is filled with rocks but otherwise everything looks the same. The neighborhood is the same.


No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors