Sunday, June 17, 2018

This country I live in

I saw this cartoon on Facebook. It is from 1941. It was so unbelievable I had to Google and make sure it's real. It is real a cartoon written in 1941 about Hitler's treatment of children and here we are in 2018 and we are watching history repeat itself.
\
Jeff Sessions with the help of Donald Trump has separated over 2000 children from their parents as they have tried to enter the United States in the last six weeks. They are literally ripping children away from their parents. One mother's baby was taken from her arms as she was breastfeeding. The parents are going to jail for no crime other than seeking asylum in the United States. It is reprehensible. I look at pictures and I get short of breath. I cannot believe my country is doing something so heinous. I want to go to Texas and pick up families and hide them in my basement. What the HELL IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE. We are taking children away from their parents and keeping them in old Walmart buildings. They are building tent cities in Texas to hold children.  There are  2000 children being held hostage by the United States as part of a political ploy for one political party to force another political party to agree to pay for a damn wall.
This picture makes me cry and it makes me so angry. A little 2 year old Honduran girl sobbing as her mother is arrested and they are separated. How can anyone do that! I've been to Honduras where the garbage is piled in the streets and children are standing in the roads filling pot holes and begging for money. How is seeking asylum criminal. Is this not the country of Immigrants. Half the country still think Trump is a good president. The man is an evil narcissist who wants to be a dictator.


This is my 2 year old Vally. I can't imagine her being ripped away from her parents, scared and alone. It is sickening, it is immoral that the United States is doing this to families. 2000 scared and lonely children and one person has the power to stop it but won't. I don't want to hear about how this is the Democrat's fault or Hilary's fault or Obama's fault. It's happening RIGHT now and there is one person who can stop it and it's not Hillary or Obama.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors