Wednesday, June 20, 2018

I fought the weeds


I fought the weeds and the weeds won. I got tired of the weeds in between the blocks in the backyard and set out to pull them. When I was done I had dirt in my hair, dirt in my mouth and dirt in my nose. Two days later and those weeds are trying to grow back.

We are getting ready to go on a trip. I've watered all the plants, put them near the sprinklers and set them in tubs of water. All except the tomatoes on the deck. They are too big to move so I have bottles of water in them. Hopefully when we get home my plants will still be green and my tiny little squash won't be shriveled up. I missed watering for a couple days and it got too dry and all the squash that had grown dropped off.

The chickens have plenty of food and water. Hopefully they are smart enough to remember how to open the feeder. I'm guessing they would be pretty hungry if they hadn't because we've had the new feeder for a couple of weeks.

I brought in the eggs today and one of the neighbors is going to gather them while we are gone. 

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors