Sunday, July 26, 2020

Lunch at long last (and a new I Phone)

Long drama involving getting in contact with Lynn. For 30 years he has called me every 4 to 6 weeks. About a year ago he quit calling. It was getting harder and harder to get in touch with him. His phone goes straight to voice mail, he doesn't answer text. When I get his voice mail it says call Wendy and that his mail box is full. Anytime I want to talk to him I have to call Wendy and have her ask him to call me. She usually responds with something like "I don't know why he's not answering his phone, it's right next to him." The last two times I've talked to him I've told him "I think my number is blocked." Exact same goes for Catherine. Last week Catherine wanted to stop by and see him because she was in North Ogden when she called Wendy she told her not to come. Sounds familiar to the time I tried to go see him. When she talked to Lynn she asked if Wendy was keeping him locked in the basement which started Wendy screaming at Catherine and...... .I had Don call Lynn and it didn't go to voice mail. Catherine called with *67 and Lynn answered his phone confused as to why she was calling from a blocked number. She said because my # is blocked. He kept asking her what my and her numbers were and Catherine was yelling 'the same numbers we've had for 30 years." It's sad because Lynn doesn't really get it or he doesn't want to deal with the drama of someone blocking us. At one point he asked Catherine if her "friend Wendy did it." Eventually she got Alex to look at this phone and sure enough Catherine and I were blocked, Alex unblocked us. Why Wendy would do that I really don't know. Catherine arranged for us to meet for lunch and much to my surprise Lynn showed up with Emma. I am sad to say I wouldn't have been able to pick Emma out of a line up of teenage girls. It was fun to get to know her a little. She knows all the details about their real estate, she's a smart mature kid.  It's so weird to think she is Catherine's sister. Catherine asked Emma "Did you know my and Carol's numbers were blocked on your dad's phone?" Emma looked confused and said "My dad wouldn't know how to do that." Hmm, we agree your dad would not know how to do that. It was good to see him as I have been increasingly worried about him.
Some kids built this over by the beaver pond I saw it on my walk. I've been feeling kind of crappy the past few days with chest pain and PVC's. It doesn't get worse when I walk but it has been radiating down my left arm and sometimes my chest is tight. I went in to Instacare to get an EKG tonight. My EKG was fine the Dr said he my aorta is really loud and he can hear a click. If I keep feeling weird I guess I'll go see Dr Morrill and get an ultrasound of my heart. It's weird I have this pain every evening for a couple day but I can still walk five miles a day. I have walked a minimum of 5 miles a day for 20 weeks without missing a single day.

I bought an I Phone which Sean has been helping me use. In addition to having a better camera Khloe and Vally can call me from their I pads so that's been fun.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors