Friday, July 31, 2020

Feeling crappy

I've felt kind of crappy for about two weeks. Chest pain at night and a little short of breath. I'd still been walking my 5 miles a day. I walked at least five miles a day for 20 weeks without missing a day and now my streak is broken. The pain was getting worse and going down my left arm so Saturday I went to Instacare for an EKG. It was normal.  Monday was Don's birthday and I had a blood drive planned at the classroom along with a lab day. I went in at 11 and Don was going to meet me at 6 and donate blood and then Alika and David were going to meet us at the classroom at 7:30 for dinner and birthday cake. Around 4 the pain got worse and I had a panic attack on top of the pain. I went into the office to lay down and eventually called Don. He came and picked me up and took me to the ER. They did another EKG, CXR, CT of my aorta, D Dimer and some other blood work.  They couldn't figure out what is wrong with me either.


We came home and ate the cake I made for Don's birthday.

Wednesday I was feeling crappy but trying to pretend I felt OK. I went to Kohl's and had another panic attack. I made it home and called Dr Morrill's office. I talked to a very kind nurse who helped me pull it together. I went in and saw Dr. Morrill. I've lost 8 pounds. I haven't really had an appetite for a couple of weeks. Again Morrill can't find anything wrong with me. He ordered a cardiac stress test with echo. Before I can have that I had to have a COVID test. Thursday morning we got up at 7 and were 4th in line for COVID testing. I got my results today and they are negative. I have the cardiac test scheduled for Monday pending insurance approval.  What a strange week. We were supposed to leave for Florida this morning but there is no way I can go anywhere feeling this way and the last place I want to be sick right now is Florida. Last weekend I had booked flights for Kylie and Brie to come with us. I had to undo all the trip planning. Alika and Garrett were coming too so they went on their own. The trip was my wedding present to them so it's more fun for them to be there without a crowd. Today I don't feel better but I don't feel worse. Well, maybe I feel 10% better. I haven't had any anxiety. I switched from Ibuprofen to Naprosyn. I'm not sure if that has made a difference.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors