Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Working

We've been having some employee difficulties at work. If Claudia and I aren't there our employees sit and read, watch Netflix and chat. No matter how many times we ask/tell them they continue to leave the students alone in the classroom and sit at the desk. We've asked that they stay in the classroom. They can still chat, whatever but they can also watch the students but nope they can't do it. Short of firing long term employees Claudia and I are both frustrated. I went in Monday and threw away the chairs from the front desk. I took the computer, printer, and files from the front desk and made a desk (Sean style) in the back of the classroom. Today I stayed at the classroom from 8 until 3. Tomorrow Claudia is showing up at 8:15 and staying all day.  It's stupid Claudia and I "show up" almost every class and every time we walk in staff is sitting at the front desk and they say "oh, we just sat down." After my rearranging of furniture and supplies if I walk in and find employees sitting at the front desk we are going to have some unemployed employees.

Wore a face shield at the classroom today. Not as effective as a mask but really comfortable for teaching.

Sean is getting a bigger graphic card for his computer and he is trying to figure out if he has the power to run it.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors