Saturday, July 24, 2010

The DCFS hearing

It’s been 10 days since the custody hearing with DCFS. The one I was subpoenaed for. Enough time for me to quit being crazy and write about it. The whole experience was very unsettling. The girls were subpoenaed. How do you subpoena a 3 and 4 year old? After we all arrived at the court house the assistant AG concluded he had made a mistake in subpoenaing them and they weren’t needed. It was good to see the girls. They looked cute and happy. Kylie had a bruise on her chin. She fell out of bed. The foster family was mortified by it! The foster family wanted to stay for the hearing and the girls couldn’t be in the court room because their mom was handcuffed and shackled so Don stayed out in the hall and played with them.


Listening to Ryan made me all kinds of nauseated. He was telling the G.A.L. how he had applied to SLCC and was going to start in the fall and he used to work for Duncan Electric until he hurt his hand and got laid off. He failed to mention he only worked there two weeks before he got drunk and fell through a window and severed and artery and some tendons after which they didn’t want him anymore. Every time he opened his mouth untruths came out. It was all I could do to keep my eyes from rolling clean back in my head.


The actual hearing was almost 2 hours late. Jenny’s hope that DCFS wouldn’t find out she was in jail didn’t come through for her. I told her they were bound to figure it out. Apparently the judge didn’t find out until this morning and they put in the order to transport from the jail in at the same time. They threw out the abuse charges regarding Brie, stating that there was too much time between the injuries and seeing a doctor. I felt so much animosity towards Ryan’s attorney. I know she was just doing her job but please!! She said Ryan was “bewildered and confused” by the fact that his children had been taken and the fact that he didn’t have a “real job” or a “real lease agreement” or a “licensed daycare provider” was no grounds for keeping his children from him. It was all I could do not to scream. The judge lectured them both for the domestic violence but in the end gave Ryan unsupervised visitation. I can’t even begin to describe how sick to my stomach I was. Jenny’s attorney said Jenny was in favor of Ryan having the girls. That made me so mad at her. Kudos to the G.A.L. who advocated to no avail on behalf of the girls, I could tell she really cared.

Speaking of Jenny. She was sentenced to a year in jail for D.V. the sentence was suspended and she has two years probation. During those two years she is supposed to have no contact with Ryan. I can’t wait to see how that works out. She is still in jail for the new charges. While I was in Oklahoma I got a message from bail bondsmen on her behalf. Needless to say I didn’t return the call.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors