Sunday, July 11, 2010

The lake

We seem to be spending a lot of time at the lake, then again why not? Friday we went to a Peruvian festival in Centerville. That was fun. We ate Peruvian food, listened to music and watched dancers.



We weren’t planning on going to the lake this weekend but went up on Saturday. My niece Jaclyn and her family spent the night so we decided to go up for a couple of hours and take the kids out on the boat. It was fun. It was hotter than the weekend before.

Don, Sean Sonia, Laila, Jaclyn and Marin

Laila was diagnosed with diabetes a couple of months ago. A really crappy thing to have to deal with at any age much less three. Jaclyn has been a trooper and while the diagnosis kicked them all in the face they haven’t let it slow them down. Did I mention Laila is a twin AND Jaclyn has a baby. I guess that makes Jaclyn Superwoman.

Sonia taking a swim

Marin and her mom. That is one cute baby but I am here to tell you she does not like me! I don't know why, I've never done a thing to her. Laila holds me responsible for her diabetes because I was the first one to poke her but I have NEVER poked Marin! I haven't even pinched her cute little cheeks but if I try to hold her she screams. I try not to take it personally because her momma says she is the only one she likes.

And they're off for a ride. 

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors