Friday, July 9, 2010

Dinosaur Park

I was having anxiety yesterday despite pharmacological intervention so I decided we had better get out of the house. I told Don we were going to Dinosaur Park. He suggested we take Sean’s little friend Ethan who lives next door. I didn’t think Ethan’s mom would let him go to Ogden with us but sent Frida over to invite him. Ethan’s mom had a new baby last week. Frida said she was surprised because she didn’t think his mom would let him come but when she asked she didn’t even think about it she just said “I’ll get his shoes!” It was a win win! She got some sleep and Sean had an excellent time at the park with his friend.
Checking out the dino vision glasses

Not only was Dino Park great fun it was a great value. On Tuesday I bought a $40 family year pass at Tracy Aviary and that pass gets you in free to Dino Park on weekdays! Dino Park is a little pricey, $8 per adult and $5 for each two-year-old. Four more bucks and my pass has paid for itself! I planned to spend and hour there. After three and a half I had to pry the kids away with the promise of ice cream.


They spent a long time sitting under this dino playing with rocks.
 
I wouldn't have tried taking two kids to the park without Frida.

Future paleontologist at work! Ethan has allergies and usually has a runny nose. There was a kid about six digging next to the boys who asked Ethan "Do you want to be a paleontologist when you grow up?" Ethan looked at him and said "uh huh." The little boy just started talking "I am already a paleontologist. I do important work...." All the sudden he stopped talking and started stuttering and I could tell he was totally disgusted" you have stuff, shiny stuff, it's on your (searching for words)  you need to wipe your face." This kid can say the word paleontologist but not the word snot! It was cute. The poor child was so traumatized by the snot on Ethan's face he had to leave the area!

1 comment:

Standinginhislight said...

haha, I always have a back up bribe to get us out of fun places...afterall, how relaxing can fun places be if we left with everyone crying? ;^)

Glad to see your out having fun...

~Sheri

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors