Thursday, August 11, 2011

3-year-olds

I was upstairs and Sean was yelling MOMMMMM I ran downstairs and Sean was gesturing and couldn't even talk. He just pointed and said Ethan. He was seriously upset. The front door was open and I saw the blur of Ethan running down the sidewalk, away from our house and his. It would appear that Ethan climbed on a chair and then attempted to climb on a very old table. Kaboom. When I  talked to Ethan he confirmed this theory. His mom came by a little later saying she had heard Ethan broke a table. The table was actually fine. I didn't tell her about the hole it put in my wall because it would have distressed her to no end and there's nothing she could do about it. Naughty little 3 year old. Later that night after playing with Sean for 8 hours I told Ethan to go home for dinner. A few minutes later he came back I said "No Ethan you need to go home we're having dinner. Ethan pulled up a chair and said "I'M NOT GOING HOME!" I was a little Ethan'd out and I said "OH YES YOU ARE!" He started to scream bloody murder and I picked him up under my arm and carried him home kicking and screaming. His dad opened the door and I handed him to him. He was still screaming "I DON'T WANT TO GO HOME!" I couldn't help but wonder what I am going to do when he's 12 and I can't pick him up and carry him home any more. I wish I had a video of it to play for him when he's older.

Ethan's mom Miranda is practicing face painting so she uses Sean and Ethan's faces and they love it. Ethan as a sparkly tiger and Sean as black spiderman.

Sean and Ethan both as tigers.

Sean hasn't gone to school this week he has had a fever and croup AGAIN. Snuggling with Alika. Alika had a fever for a couple of days too.

What else: Mom has gone to NC for three weeks. They took her stair lift out yesterday so we can get the carpet put in.

The drama of Jenny keeps going. I don't even know what to write. She has the girls and Sean today. Ryan called and wants to see Sean so I am going to take him to see Ryan and Discovery with the girls at 2:30 when I pick him up from Jenny. (Don dropped him off on his way to work). Ryan hasn't seen Sean since he was in the hospital in May. Jenny said Kylie through a fit in Walmart yesterday that was so bad she didn't know what to do and had to call Lanette then when she got home Kylie picked up a broken light bulb from the street put it in her mouth and when Jenny told her to spit it out she chewed it. Bizarre. I'm going to take Jenny and the girls to dinner after we are done with Ryan so I will talk to Kylie and see if she will tell my why she did that. Very very strange. I've never seen her act like that. Don said he's heard of being mad enough to spit nails but not eat glass. At the team meeting with DCFS Monday they called and asked if I would baby sit the girls while Jenny works because she can't afford day care. Are you kidding me!!! I told them there is a reason Sean goes to daycare, because I WORK! Now they are asking Ryan to watch them which makes no sense becasue there was a hearing on Friday to try and make Ryan's visits supervised but he didn't show. I swear DCFS is totally screwed up. The "final" hearing is Wed. I'm guessing they will just send the girls back and wait and see what happens. Insanity.

1 comment:

Jaclyn said...

I"m still saying a lot of prayers that someone with any authority will do the right thing for those girls and NOT give them back to their parents. You're an angel to help those messed up people as much as you do.

Congrats to Steph on the new job. That will be good for her to stay busy and doing what she loves best.

Good luck with the naughty 3 yr olds you have running your house. I know the feeling.

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors