Sunday, August 28, 2011

Retirement Party for Dr K

Don, Sean and I went to a picnic at Sugar House Park yesterday. It was a retirement party for Dr. Keddington. It was so awesome to see all my old peeps from Pioneer Valley Hospital ER. Those were the days my friend we thought they'd never end but the did. It has been years since so many of us have been together. It was so much fun to spend time with people who for years were such an intricate part of my life. Next to me is Janette, my old boss, Nancy nurse, Claudia and Pia. Some of my best friends ever. Oh the stories we all reminisced about. All the affairs and drama. I didn't take my camera out of the car so I got one picture Don took and one Janette sent me so only a few of many dear friends are represented.

Janette on the left (she is an absolutely insane nurse that Janette fired. We were all kind of shocked when she showed up. She was a pathological liar and I worked grave yards with her. It was fun because she would tell these insane stories and so I would make up totally outrageous stories to top her lies and she would just keep topping me. It was so funny! She said her husband was shot by a crazy guy named Captain Nemo. One day I'm watching the news and sure enough her husband really had been shot by a crazy guy named Captian Nemo. He he even liars sometime tell the truth. Then there's Janette a great nurse, Dr K. a wonderful ER doc who never loses his temper and always has a really corny and very clean joke to tell, then me. In the back diabetic Debbie. We had three Debbie's and she became diabetic Debbie. She was pregnant and had a feeding tube and PICC line the whole pregnancy and continued to work. Nancy Nurse, the very first time I met her she said "I'm pre-retirement." She worked through breast cancer. She looks the same now as she did 20 years ago. She is amazing. Stevie, she is an ENT PA now. Claudia my business partner and Pia a long time friend. We share a birthday.

Me, Pia and Claudia 20 years ago.

15 years ago. Me, Claudia, Gayle (she died a couple of years ago) Sue, still works at PVH, Front row, Gayle's sister, Nancy, Janette and my BFF, Lucinda.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors