Thursday, August 18, 2011

Our mini vacation

I initially planned a mini vacation to Idaho just to be out of town during the court hearing. It has actually turned into a fun trip. We stopped in Brigham City at the airport when Don is taking flying lessons on Tuesdays. We went in the hangar where the plane he flies is stored but it was getting new wheels.

We went to an ice cream parlor in Lava.

On our tour of diners, dine ins and dives we visited a diner called Me N Lou's in Malad Idaho. It was stuck in the late 80's early 90's. There were fake flowers everywhere. No kidding there were four fake wall flower arrangements in the tiny little bathroom. The food was OK, nothing to write home about. I don't think they have a whole lot of competition in Malad.

This picture is kind of blurry but it's the Lava Hot Springs museum. It had some cool stuff. This is a board with different animal pelts you touch them and try to guess the animal, then you lift up the door and see if you were right.

Kid you not Sean had to stop and pee four times in our 2 and a half hour trip. He just kept drinking and peeing. I get nervous and check his blood sugar but it's been fine. He liked peeing on the side of the road. He didn't know I took this picture. I don't think he would have been happy about that. He's been pretty excited that we "are on vacation!" This morning when we got up I asked "what shall we do" and he said "have fun." So that was our plan for the day.

I talked to Jenny today. I asked her if she got the girls and she said no but she had them for the rest of the week. She said court was postponed until the 8th. I heard the 7th. I asked why and she said she didn't know "they are trying to figure out some stuff about Ryan. The state is just looking for a way to screw me over." Yep, that's pretty much it, the state is trying to screw her over she is not trying to screw the state over. Interesting perspective. Then she asked me to call Lanette and have Lanette call her. All the sudden she is having trouble with her phone, apparently Ryan is too. I called Lanette to ask her to call Jenny. She said she was getting the girls back this weekend and Clarice told her to get them enrolled in school. The GAL had to sign off approving a trial home placement and she refused so the girls are still Lanette's until the next hearing. So the drama continues. It's been 16 months that the girls have been in custody. Time to get this over with and get them adopted and settled. Enough is more than enough.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors