Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Court

Remember how I said today was the final, drop dead, make or break, court date? Guess what? It wasn't! Not surprised? Me either.

I wasn't there but I am told there were fireworks. Last week Catherine called and said that Janene, the attorney had gotten the subpoenaed phone records but had not looked through them.
Lanette called me this morning and said that Janene said 95% of the phone calls were between Ryan and Jenny and they talked on the phone numerous times every day. Big shocker, NOT! It is funny that Ryan's phone is in Jenny's name. That I didn't know. Janene told Lanette that she called Cricket on Thursday to ask about the subpoena and they said that they were just getting through the June request and her request hadn't come in until July so forget about it. Janene told the guy on the phone that two little girls lives literally depended on these phone records. This guy actually listened to her and personally walked the subpoena through all the processes in a matter of hours and got her the phone records that day. Janene said God had this man answer her phone call. For all of you who have been praying for the girls, thank you. Keep praying though because it's not over but that was a big deal!

At court Janene told the judge they had the phone records and what they showed. Jenny got the deer in the headlights look and couldn't even talk, Ryan looked like he want to kill someone. Ryan's attorney started screaming that it wasn't fair and they didn't know that they couldn't talk and they weren't going to beat each other up over the phone. Janene then read from the court records of last July where Judge McCullough ordered them to have no contact in person, through phone, email, letters, notes or friends and that they both acknowledged they understood. OUCH! The attorney just kept saying it wasn't fair and Ryan didn't know. Nice defense.

They postponed the hearing until September 7th so Jenny and Ryan's attorney's can come up with some better excuses. Clarice called Lanette today and told her not to babysit the girls this weekend to make Jenny figure it out. That's annoying because Clarice is the one that back Lanette into a corner and had her do it. Of course Lanette shouldn't babysit, just like I shouldn't babysit and Clarice is the one that asked us to do it. Lanette took the girls to Jenny today and apparently Jenny was very quiet.

Jenny told me on Sunday that she broke her foot Saturday night and hadn't been to work. She was chasing the dog. Yet today she showed up in court in flip flops and wasn't limping.
Insanity.

Jenny told me she would call me after court today but it's 9 pm and I haven't heard from her. I'm guessing she's a little distraught.

In preperation for today's drama Don and I left town. I told Jenny last week we were going to Idaho. We are at Lava Springs having a really good time. Tomorrow we are going tubing. It is so nice to have some physical distance today.

1 comment:

Jaclyn said...

I got your CD in the mail today, thanks. I also got your voicemail yesterday, thanks for the update. But I'm terribly confused. Why did they postpone the hearing just because their attorney's don't know how to prove you aren't wrong because YOU'RE WRONG/GUILTY. They should have just ended it right there. But it sounds like it was at least a move in the right direction. I'll keep sending my prayers in their direction. I hope you had a nice little getaway with the family.

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors