Monday, August 29, 2011

Ew yuck

One of our town house condos is empty. I went over early last week to meet with the tenant that was moving out. She complained about a smell coming from the storage closet after she moved her boxes. It was kind of bad but I didn't pay that much attention to it. I went back over on Saturday to sign the lease with the new tenant. Oh my gosh, the stench! I thought I was going to throw up. The smell was coming from next door. There's a space between our utility closet and the neighbors. Don came over and was filling the hole up with foam. I was seriously considering barfing. I went outside and looked around the neighbors house. She is a 60 or 70 year old crazy woman and a hoarder. The outside of her house didn't look bad but I noticed there were flies all over the inside of her kitchen and living room window. I walked by the other houses on the row and none of them had flies. Hm, I went back in the house and was sick again. I told Don I was going to the police department across the street and request a well being check on the neighbor. Since it was Saturday the police office was closed so I called dispatch. Within a few minutes they had four officers over there pounding and saying "this doesn't look good." We had to leave because we had a picnic. Today I went back over to see if she was dead or if she was just a really gross housekeeper (In which case I was going to call the relief society president and send the Mormon's over!!) When I pulled up her door was open and she was standing on the patio. (Not dead!) The smell hit me about half way across the parking lot. There was a man in gloves and a mask carrying out cart loads of garbage. I talked to Helen. She asked if I called the police and I said "yes,  I was worried you were dead in there." I could tell she was mad but she just said "The smell isn't coming from my house." Pretty funny considering there is a man in a mask hauling away carts of garbage. I said OK, well I'm glad your not dead. She then told me how she was sick and depressed. I said "Well then I'm really glad I called. Maybe you will feel better when your house is cleaner." I asked who was helping her and she said "people from the state." Wow, I've never seen the state move so fast. That must have been one site to behold! They aren't playing around like in the show hoarders they are just throwing her crap away! Smells better already!

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors