Tuesday, September 27, 2011

I've gone over the edge

I've been couponing for about six months now and the deals keep getting better and better. As in they pay me to take stuff. Today I reached a new low or high, depending on your perspective. The coupons in the Red Plum mail insert were excellent. So excellent in fact that I wanted, needed, had to have MORE! About 2 pm I went to the post office and dumpster dove. Well, not really dumpster dove. I went through the recycling bins where people throw their mail away when they take it out of the PO box. SCORE! Don was a little mortified. My niece admits that she's done it but only at night. I did it in the middle of the day and talked to people while I did it.  Yet, still I am hesitant to share this on my blog. Not because I am embarrassed as obviously I've gone over the edge and have no pride but because I'm worried all you blog readers will run to the Centerville post office and get all the coupons and not leave me any!

This week I bought a ton of razors. Nope, no one at my house uses that brand so I've been giving them away to neighbors. Food drives etc are coming up. Why did I buy them? Because for every pack I bought they gave me a dollar! How crazy is that. Dove body wash for .25 and a lot of free toothpaste. It is an adrenalin rush. How sad is that? I am officially insane! I got 9 bottles of Visine because it was free. Gave it all away.

Now you know that crazy woman in front of you at the check out line is ME!

Jenny update: Talked to Jenny last night. She's sort of moved in to the new place. The eviction hearing is tomorrow but I doubt she'll go since she's already found a new place, She asked if I had talked to Alika about what she was going to say in court and I told her Alika said she had seen her at the bar twice not once. Jenny said that's belligerent. (That's her word of the week.) She said, it wasn't true. I said well Jenny I wasn't there but YOU KNOW THE TRUTH. She didn't say anything after that. I told her if she and Alika would stay the hell away from bars they wouldn't run into each other. Tomorrow is Brie's birthday so I'm taking them all to Chuck e Cheese. Talked to the attorney today, she wanted to know how Alika and I were feeling. I told her we were stressed but OK. Talked to Lanette, they forgot to subpoena her but put her on the witness list today. Ryan missed two scheduled visits with the girls this weekend and Jenny didn't have hers because she moved. Janene said the judge probably won't rule on Friday. She doesn't know how long that will take. Jenny is sounding pitiful. Her sister called me the other day and said that Jenny had told her family she had the girls back and they were in school and dance.  Alika and I are going to Catherine's tonight and she is going to roll play as Jenny and Ryan's attorney with us.

1 comment:

Jaclyn said...

You crack me up woman! I'm glad you got all of the RP coupons you needed. Do you have a deal website that you prefer? Good luck in court tomorrow. I'll be praying that everything goes well for the girls (and you).

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors