Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Today's hearing

I decided my nerves couldn't take waiting at home for "the call" so I went to Walmart to do some coupon/price matching shopping. I had just finished my purchase which required a manager over ride that means I saved over 50% on my grocery bill, woo hoo and my phone rang. Now with that sort of timing it's got to be good news.

The state presented all their evidence and called for termination of parental rights. They had a lot of evidence. Jenny and Ryan's attorney's went crazy and said everyone was lying and asked for an evidence hearing. (I thought that's what they did.) Jenny and Ryan's attorney want a hearing where they can have every therapist, case worker etc subpoenaed. That hearing is now scheduled for September 30. They told Ryan he is not allowed any more visits. Before Lanette even told me this Jenny called and asked if I would watch the girls this weekend. She said Ryan is going to watch them in the morning and then I am supposed to pick them up from him. I tell you, she just doesn't quit breaking the rules. She called me before the hearing hyperventilating saying she didn't know what she was going to do if she lost the girls and that she and Ryan talk but they are not "together." I feel such a relief right now at least until we get closer to the 30th. The girls have been in state custody for 16 months. Lanette talked to Jenny afterwards and told her if she adopted the girls she would still let Jenny be a part of their lives. That was very nice of Lanette. Yesterday when I was freaking out Lanette said something so true. She said "It's not just about saving Kylie and Brie it's about saving their children." I thought how true. This is about stopping the cycle of abuse, poverty, alcoholism and lack of education. It's about future generations.

1 comment:

Tracie said...

Thanks for the quick update, I hoped and prayed along with you and will continue!

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors