Thursday, September 8, 2011

Utah State Fair

A plethora of Fair pictures. Don's mom always says Sean makes us have fun and she's right. Don was home from work early because he had to go to the dentist for a crown. Sean was at school. I said "let's pick up Sean and go to the fair." Don said, OK. We decided to stop at the house and pick up a stroller. As soon as we pulled in the yard Ethan came running over. Don said "should we?" I said "sure, why not." Sean had three times as much fun with Ethan. We get asked all the time if they are twins. I say "twin neighbors." They are the best kind when I get tired I say "Ethan go home" actually I yell "ETHAN GO HOME!"
Our first adventure was a pony ride.  Neither Ethan or Sean had ridden a pony before.

Sean thought the pony ride was awesome. He kept saying "are they real? What makes them go?" I think he was talking about the round machine in the middle but it was cute.

They pet a baby bull that was born in May.

I don't know what this was about. They pulled their shirts over their heads and started to run.

They went down the super huge slippy slide with Don, twice.

They milked a pretend cow.

They rode tractors around the hay.

They posed in the future farmers of America display.

They were the only ones on a train ride. We went on the first day of the fair, in the afternoon and it was not crowded. It was really nice. I don't remember the last time I went to the fair. I think the kids were little and we went on a Saturday and it was crazy.

On the Ferris wheel.

High in the sky on the Ferris wheel. We could see the clouds and the mountains. There was no one else in line and we were the only ones on so they let us go around lots of times.

Sean asked "are those geese nice?" Nope, they weren't. Pretty much all geese are irritable and if you dress them up stupid it makes them even more so.

It's not a fair until you eat something deep fried. We ate french fries, corn dogs and fried zucchini. We passed on the other fried delicacies.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors