Monday, April 2, 2012

Grand Canyon

On Saturday morning we got up at 5 am to catch a shuttle that would take us to a tour bus that would take us to the Grand Canyon. This was not a trip for the faint of heart. It was a 14 hour round trip bus ride through the Mohave desert.  We could have died of thirst or if you watch the Lifetime series "Snapped" (a show about women who crazy and kill people) we could have been buried in that desert. We made it safely to and from we had a very nice bus driver named Robert and we made frequent stops and I packed enough food and snacks for all of us. I was teased when I dragged all that crap of the bus but no one was laughing when they were eating my oranges, banana's and peanut butter cups.


All pictures on the bus. Like I said it was a long drive. Sean and Alika watched movies, Fanny and Giannina slept. AJ and Steph played with her new I Pad. I listened to music on my cell phone and watched a movie about the Grand Canyon. I learned all kinds of stuff. We stopped in some train town for a very nice lunch at a train station buffet.

At the Grand Canyon they had these signs over the toilets. Really was that necessary. Did someone drink the water out of the toilet?

Sean kept asking, our we still on planet earth? He looked at the canyon and wanted to know what planet it was.

He turned the telescope into a gun and was trying to shoot all the birds in the Canyon.




Dang those are some ugly sun glasses I have on. Seriously I've got to buy some new ones before Hawaii. I guess next time I will look in a mirror before I buy them. This is all of us in front of the Grand Canyon. None of us had ever seen it before (except Don) it was grand!










Being silly


At a bus stop. We were 13 hours into the trip before Sean asked "why is this taking so long." He fell asleep 30 minutes before we got back to the hotel.

In the dark on our way home. It was a fun day.

How did we amuse ourselves before technology? Oh I remember with gum wrappers.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors